Does hbase support username and password?
yuhang li
2018-10-25 07:40:01 UTC
Hello everyone!
I am managing a HBase cluster for multiple users and for safety I want to
control the authority for each of them. The native ACL featrue is base on
Kerberos, but it not easy for me to persuade my users to use kerberos for
authorization and authentication, which is also not easy to use for them.
I heard on HBasecon Asia 2018 that Alibaba had developed the feature that
HBase users could use username and password and had contributed this
feature to the community.I wonder where can I find this contribution? from
JIRA or git repository?
Can someone help clarify this?
Reid Chan
2018-10-25 15:03:58 UTC
Does hbase support username and password?
No, it doesn't.
feature that HBase users could use username and password had contributed this feature to the community
That's a customized feature, combination with apache-derby and some hacking in hdfs codes if i recall correctly.
It is not contributed to HBase for sure.

Best regards,
R.C